Tuesday, March 15, 2011

surgery update

After the frustrating visit we had with Dr. K on Friday, I calmed down and called Dr. W's office to schedule a second surgery consultation. They informed me that he'd be back Monday and asked if I could call back then. I was happy to do so since I wasn't expecting him back that soon. Praise the Lord!

I also emailed our pediatrician, Dr. B, to inform her of what happened. I loved her response which started out with "That's SO weird!" as she went on to tell me that she spoke to Dr. K in person about Malakai and she still took our case. She also urged us to dispute any charges as we shouldn't get billed for 2 consultations for one surgery when the surgeon initially took us on and then backed out during the appointment. It was very comforting to hear that from another doctor.

I called Dr. W's office this morning and scheduled our consultation for later this month. We have to wait two weeks, but that's nothing compared to the 2-3 months I was expecting to wait. I still don't know how long it will be until the actual surgery is scheduled, but we have made some promising progress and I am so thankful for that. The rest will fall into place and we are trusting God to get us there.

Thank you all for your supportive comments, emails, tweets, texts and especially for your prayers. Malakai has been doing well  and hasn't had any more flare ups. He's just especially "strong-willed" lately, but that just comes with the territory aka toddlerhood.

PS Ben is back at it over in his corner of the internet. Check out Stories for Kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site