Monday, October 19, 2009

weekend wrap up

Friday night and Saturday morning were wonderful- we did NOTHING.

Saturday afternoon was our first lasted all of 90 minutes including drive time. Ben and I are notorious for not spending a lot of time at restaurants no matter what the occasion. When it's just the two of us, we don't seem to linger very long. It was still fantastic to get some time to be out of the house together without worrying about the little guy.

After the restaurant we went to Bi-Mart and picked up wiper blades for the car. thrilling huh? We were in my parents' little town so there wasn't much else we could have done to entertain ourselves, so we headed back. I walked in the door to find my mom and Malakai doing this-

Apparently he wouldn't let her hold him and feed him at the same time. Whatever works I guess!

I'm so glad we are getting ourselves and Kai comfortable with being babysat. The little guy I watch during the week has some pretty bad separation/stranger anxiety and is just now starting to get used to me, but won't go down for a nap without screaming for at least 30 minutes in my arms. I don't think I could stand to leave Malakai if he had that issue, so we decided to start getting him used to others caring for him.

We spent the rest of the afternoon & evening at my parents' house and didn't get home til almost 11pm...and we didn't get the little guy down for the evening til almost midnight. I don't think it mattered much since he's been fighting sleep at night lately anyway- waking every 2-4 hours to eat.

Sunday at church he woke up after worship and wouldn't quiet down so we went into the cafe to watch the message on tv. I'm excited and nervous for him to be able to go to the church nursery during service. They don't take little ones until 4 months. I'm worried about him being with other babies and getting sick. He's just getting over this nasty cold after 3 weeks and I don't want to deal with that or something worse. For his sake more than mine of course.

We went to Goodwill after church to check out onsies. He needs more long-sleeved ones for this fall weather. There wasn't much so we went to the walmart (usually we prefer target, but it was closer) and I grabbed some white long-sleeved onsies and some zippered sleep n' plays. At the self-check the sleep n' plays rang up as "restricted" and the lazy worker just said "must be a recall" took them from me, and started to walk off. I said "well, there's a lot of them back there." In hopes she'd actually investigate it for me and she said "I'll let them know and kept walking". I was so irritated and we needed to get Kai home to eat and nap so we just left with our onsies. I highly doubt there's a recall and will be heading to Target when I get the chance to get my stinkin' sleep n' plays darn it!

Right now I'm in the middle of a nap war. I've tried the crib and the swing and he wouldn't sleep for more than 40 minutes. This is NOT normal for him...he usually naps for 2-3 hours. I'm letting him wiggle it out on his baby gym thinger in hopes that he'll be tired enough to take a longer nap pretty soon here.

wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for our first date exciting for you guys!! Good Luck on the napping too; I will keep my fingers crossed for you!


thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site