Monday, March 16, 2009


On Thursday evening while I was cooking dinner I started to feel a tightening on my left side from my back around to my hip. I figured it was just stretched ligaments and muscles and leaned on the counter to take some of the weight off. Then it suddenly tightened up was so painful I fell on the floor. Ben rushed in and supported me for a minute. The pain subsided for two minutes and then returned again. Ben immediately called my OB's office and we awaited the call from the on call Doc. About ten minutes went by and the pain didn't come back. I explained it to the Dr. and she thinks it could possibly be kidney stones. She said that I either had passed it or that I would feel the pain again as it passes. She ruled out contractions, and since the pain was gone I just relaxed like she told me to.
Ben looked it up online and apparently kidney stones are more prevalent in pregnancy than any other time. That night I emailed with a gal from the bump who had experienced kidney stones three times! What she described didn't sound like my experience. Apparently the pain I had is similar to when the stone passes into the bladder, but then you feel more pain when you pass it out...which never happened. I have an appointment with our OB on Wednesday and will chat with her about it then.

Last week I officially withdrew from school. I was working on my Master's degree in the evenings. The plan was to take a year off once baby arrived, but a lot of complications with the program basically forced me to leave sooner. I'm glad I did- I feel so much more relaxed and at ease. I feel like I can really focus on getting our house together and getting ready for baby!

On Saturday Ben, my mom, my sister, and I registered at Target. It was a lot of fun, but also fairly exhausting. We were glad to have my mom there to offer advice. Even though it's been 16 years since she was pregnant, she is known for keeping up on things like recalls, safety, and sales. I also registered at Babies R Us (#84492299) and can't decide between two travel system sets. I HAVE to have the crib from BRU though- which is a bummer since the nearest one is two hours away!

The family shower is tentatively set for the Saturday before Mother's Day in May. I have to communicate this to my MIL and have her contact my mom to get the planning started. I haven't had any offers from friends and I'm worried that I won't be able to invited them to this shower because of how many people it would be. My family alone is huge, but we're combining both sides. On top of that, many of my more distant friends have expressed interest in being invited to the shower...

Today Ben and I are home sick. He's been sick for almost a week now and I got his bug as we thought I would. Sore throat, cough, sinus congestion...all the fun stuff! I've been sleeping on and off all day and resting on our lovely new couches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site